Sunday, November 4, 2007

My Collection!

I wanted to share my amazing collection of artwork from the prestigious design fella's at Blue Sky! Anyways, I had the privilege of working with such amazing talent. We ended up doing an art trade, I sculpted their character and they gave me an original art piece! I've spent lots of money on framing these bad boys. Its an honor to have such amazing art in my place!

Vince Nguyen (sculpted the boy and dodo from his children's book), Robert MacKenzie (sculpted his giant from his children's book which can be found on his blog), Dice Tsutsumi (Sculpted Wootie, the mascot of Out Of Picture) and I got an original watercolor drawing from Peter DeSeve (did some touch ups on a sculpture he did for the Society of Illustrator's competition)....all my sculpts can be found on www.mumbojumbo.deviantart.com

I'll also be working with Nash Dunnigan (sculpting one of his comic drawings in Out Of Picture wwww.outofpicture.com)

Vince Nguyen (still needs to be framed)



Robert MacKenzie




Dice Tsutsumi




Peter DeSeve

15 comments:

Dave Kim said...

i'm jealous of your collection but i'm not hating. i'm just jealous... or is it envious? probably both.

Chan Ghee Leow said...

Hi! Nice to see that you're finally blogging. I've been following your maquette posts on DA. They're truly inspirational.

James Chiang said...

Hey Alena!
ohhhh, i'm very very jealous of the collection!! ...but i'm also jealous of those guys that have a sculpt of yours too!

Mike Lee said...

Dang!! You got a Peter de Seve!!!! Dude i think only like 2 other people on this planet have his work! Lucky girl!!!

Mike Lee said...

P.S... i want a rematch! :)

Alena said...

Dave Kim- haha I just thought this collection was worth showing! Glad you like them, I'm honored to have them on my wall!

G.G. Leow- I looked at your work! Great stuff there! And your avatar is cute! You're on deviantart? what's your username?! DA is awesome... I need to post more work there..Anyways, thanks for the kind words! More to come! :)

JC- Hey! I'd love to do a trade with you one of these days ;) Thanks for stopping by and for the comment!

Mike Lee- Thanks for the comment! Glad you like the collection. Peter is great..I'm sure he'd give you a drawing if you asked ;)

and YES, I'm sure we'll have to do lots of rematches haha :P

Chan Ghee Leow said...

Hey, Alena. Yes, I'm on DA as "ghoobist", although I'm a little more committed to the blog, which is a lot more up to date. It's been a while since I last posted anything there though :P

James Chiang said...

hey Alena,

"a trade?"....i might hold you to that in the future. =0)

Anonymous said...

best ever collection!

Anonymous said...

upload something new already!

Tanja said...

I didn't realize you posted progress maquettes on DA, I will have to check it out. I originally found out about your art via Tom Saville who I met (briefly) when I interned at DNA. Anyways, it seems ConceptArt.org has been getting alot of DA defectors lately. Come, join us... ;)

BTW, I wonder if we're distant cousins -- I have the same last name, via Louisiana and Mississippi. :)

R.Dress said...

Wall to wall greatness. So lucky.

Gerald Guerlais said...

You should launch a Bluesky museum in NYC !

Chelsea Odd said...

Wow! Amazing artwork! I'm sooooooooo jealous. Wish they were hanging on my wall!

Malgorzata Arska said...

beautiful are with beautiful frames :)
jealous ;)